3.5m x 5.5m decking structure 1.5kN C16 single beam

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Assuming a 1.5kN load is required, C16 joists and rebated 100mm posts the following applies for a decking structure 5.5m x 3.5m

The beams are set out 1.75m spans (between posts) with the beams at 2.4m spans.

The joists are then sat on top of the beams at 400 centres.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Karl, the second diagram shows the joists running across the span, this is the way the decking boards are going to run, so if I just flip it around 90 degrees, then that will still work, won’t it. Tried some online tools to work out the diagram, got absolutely nowhere and you produce it for me that quickly. Amazing.

Carl

Of course, I can redraw and account for the decking direction

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks

Assuming a 1.5kN load is required, C16 joists and rebated 100mm posts the following applies for a decking structure 5.5m x 3.5m

The beams are set out 1.375m spans (between posts) with the beams at 1.7m spans.

The joists are then sat on top of the beams at 400 centres.

The method of orientation will cost more, more posts, more labour. The reason for the dimensions, well this does apply the above principal of joist, and beam spans and as you need the additional components one may as well space them equidistant.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is it your wife who is the boss at the supply place where I got my oil and products from? Would like to get you a bottle of something for your help so could use her business address to send it to. What’s yr poison, single malt or something?

Just having you write that is good enough for me… if you have to send anything…. anything would be appreciated.

Many thanks for using the Network

Karl

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.