Qualified Decking Installer

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Qualified Decking Installer

Are you considering ways to impress upon clients, enhance your marketing skills and attain  professional accreditation for your decking design and installation?

Would you or your company be interested in attending a course that would result in those that pass being credited by a professional organisation with the title “Qualified Decking Designer/Installer”.

Course reading, lectures, examination, project, coupled with experience leading to professional status in the decking industry.

If you are interested you can reply to this post or email me privately I would be most grateful.

[email protected] or [email protected] 

Karl

yes – I would be very interested

Speaking as someone who supplies 1000+ decks a year to decking installers, I see a great spectrum of work standards. Attention to detail on some decks is stunning, but at the other end of the scale, you get some absolutely SHOCKING workmanship. It disgusts me how some of these so called ‘professionals’ get away with it. I’m with you Karl, a training program that gives them a professional qualification is the way to go.

Hi Karl

It’s a great idea, but don’t judge the interest by the relatively small amount of installers that will comment on your post!

“Build it, and they will come!”

The industry desperately needs it as it has a greater opportunity for ‘cowboys’ than ‘double glazing’. With the latter you must have at the very least watched someone else have a go, but anyone can pick up a saw, hammer and a piece of decking. That doesn’t mean to say that decking is easy, but it does show that the industry is more likely to have a higher number of ‘cowboys’ than the ‘replacement window’ industry – because they do have minimum standards to meet via training or APL.

For me personally, I would be interested in the design side but the ‘old back’ couldn’t do anymore fixing.

Go for it! You have my full support for what it is worth.

Regards

Steve

http://www.garden-design-pictures.com

Hi Steve

I agree that the replies on this post will be very few but the private emails are off the chart… As with this network the behind the scenes are 10 fold of that actually seen on the screen.

Decking manufacturers are behind us and the support is good.

Many thanks

Karl

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.