TDA 60 year code of practice.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    Anonymous
    Inactive

The 60 year code of practice is available for all to read from the TDA.

Has anyone ever known of a pine timber structure that would last this long?

I have been in this industry for 8 years now and have taken up many decks that have only been in service for 15 years and less, granted some have been longer.

Notwithstanding the technical aspects of the construction, how can anyone guarantee a timber structure to 60 years service?

I would welcome the information to enhance my education. Perhaps a CPD course would be a good idea

cheers

Karl 

Anonymous
    Inactive

Steve,

I notice that you quite openly promulgate the following

“The fact that NHBC now requires that raised decks are built in accordance with the TDA Code of Practice is in itself acting as a door opener for TDA Deck Mark quality accredited installers.”

I have spoken to NHBC and they can confirm that indeed “anyone” can install decks to this standard, as long as they meet this standard. They also clearly state that you don’t have to be a TDA member to adopt this standard.

My second point is that where on this planet do you find a product that would be able to realisticly uphold a 60 service life,  timber joist would certainly not, even most hardwoods would struggle? Code of Practice:08/01 refers

A fair question I feel, I would rather not just simply have a standard for standards sake unless it made sence and the reasoning for it had a sound technical explanation.

Karl

Are there any updates on this issue, anyone?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.